Treating Sports Injuries with Our Chatham Chiropractor Team
Every year, an estimated 3.5 million incidents of sports injury occur among American children and teens—and don't forget about the adults, too! At Chatham Chiropractic, our chiropractor helps people recover naturally from their injuries so they can get back to the activities they love.
Common Sports Injuries Treated by our Chiropractor in Chatham, IL
A sports injury can occur in virtually any type of exercise, though some athletic activities are more risky, including ones with running, jumping, sprinting, pivoting, and full contact. Our chiropractor in Chatham IL frequently diagnoses and treats:
- Muscle strains: tears in the muscle fibers causes pain and weakness, among other symptoms (common muscles involved include the rotator cuff, quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves)
- Ligament sprains: ligaments connect bone to bone; if subjected to abnormal twisting or load they can become sprained or torn (we see this often in the knee or ankle)
- Tendinitis and bursitis: inflammation of tendons and bursae causes swelling, pain, and redness (common tendons affected include biceps tendon, quadriceps tendon, patellar tendon, and Achilles tendon)
- Epicondylitis: inflammation of the tissues on the inside or outside of the elbow caused by repeated wrist and elbow movement is known as golfer's elbow and tennis elbow, respectively
- Joint pain: frequent load on joints can overtime cause the inner surfaces to wear down, leading to issues like runner's knee, degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis; a sports injury can also cause a joint to become misaligned or dislocated
These injuries can occur due to a combination of factors, such as overuse, repetitive movement, sports accident, inadequate rest or recovery, poor nutrition, poor hydration, ill-fitting or improper equipment, poor running surface, and improper technique.
Common Treatments Provided by a Sports Injury Chiropractor
Everyone from professional athletes to beginners may become injured while exercising, and our sports injury chiropractor can offer several healing services:
- Chiropractic adjustments at the spine and extremities
- Massage therapy
Together, these services reduce pain, promote tissue healing, improve circulation, reduce swelling, and restore optimal strength, range of motion, coordination, endurance, and movement mechanics.
How an Athlete Benefits From Chiropractic Care
How does chiropractic care help athletes? Let us count the ways!
- It provides a drug-free option for healing, pain relief, and return of function
- It helps people prevent sports injury by addressing hidden postural imbalances and optimizing overall function
- Compared to more invasive treatments, chiropractic care has shorter downtime and lower risk of side effects
Is Your Game Thrown Off by an Injury? Connect with Our Team at Chatham Chiropractic
Contact us today at (217) 483-1551 to schedule an appointment with our sports injury chiropractor, Dr. Bryan Taylor.